Motobatt PDCFB Fat Boy 12v Battery Charger
- 12V 2.00A battery charger
- Suitable for all battery types including lithium, AGM, gel and acid
- Latest version as shown
- Reverse connection LED feature - ensures correct connections
- Will not spark and scare user or increase risk of explosion
- High impact plastic housing
- Safe and durable - corrosion, acid and shock resistant
- Input voltage range 120-240V AC, 50/60HZ
- Charge output voltage auto variable 13.6V to 14.8V
- Bulk charge voltage 14.8V maximum
- All modes auto on - just connect, plug in and wait for the green light - done!
- Includes 21" alligator clip and eyelet maintenance leads
- Built-In Wall Mount
9 Stage Charging Process
- Qualification Phase: initially ensures that the battery is in good condition prior to launching charge processing. As a safety measure charge process will not begin if battery is below 2.0V
- Rescue Phase: starts if battery voltage has risen unusually high in the early portion of the re-charge cycle. This is usually caused by plate sulfation. Once the rescue phase has succeeded in getting the battery to accept power, normal battery charging will begin
- Soft Start Phase: when the charger has detected a battery at a very low initial state of charge. Voltage and current are delivered at specified rate to help the battery to recover prior to entering pulse phase
- Pulse Phase: provides a high frequency pulse charge to help the newly recovered battery to continue to accept charge as it enters the reconditioning phase
- Recondition Phase: continues to work the battery at a slightly higher voltage and amperage to 're-activate' the battery plates for improved depth of charge and charge acceptance
- Bulk Charge Phase: with the battery now through pulse and reconditioning phases and well on its way to full recovery the bulk charge phase gives the battery constant current taking the battery up to 80% of its capacity
- Absorption Phase: the battery is given constant voltage while the current is reduced based on action taken from monitoring the batteries current state until the battery is 100% charged
- Check Phase: battery will now checked to be sure that it is holding a charge properly and the charger will make a determination and classify the battery for use, or
- Maintenance Phase: battery can be left safely on the charger indefinitely. The unit will monitor the battery and 'turn-on' again as needed to maintain the battery at a full state of readiness
All parts and accessories are brand new and include VAT where applicable.
Most parts are pattern or aftermarket although some will be genuine but are not always stated as being so.
The use of motorcycle manufacturers' names is for reference purposes only. We do not imply that the products we sell are made by or with the permission of the names listed.